Yep, that's my daughter. Learning to pose at the ripe age of 13 months. She's actually taking a little break from her dinner to pose for the camera. You might remember her very first pose which made her godmother so proud when she was 10 days old. And she's never looked back. She knows exactly what to do when the camera's out. I mean, why wouldn't she? She has been subject to camera flashes since the day she came home from the hospital. She loves cameras of any kind. When she sees one, she comes running. Lilly can hear the little "ping" that the flip camera makes when we turn it on and as a result, it is becoming increasingly difficult to capture candid videos of her.
As I've said before, Lilly surprises us daily with things she does. Here are a few of the "helpful" things she has done over the past couple of days:
- found and opened a container of vasoline, and proceeded to rub it everywhere...all over her hands, face and hair. I learned the hard way that vasoline is worse than permanent marker. No amount of soap got that out so we had a greasy little baby for the rest of the day.
- climbed up on top of the printer so that she could reach the keyboard, since it is no longer reachable any other way
- removed the cable card from the cable box no less than 2 dozen times. Without the card inserted, the cable box doesn't work. Jim and I have started finding the card in obscure places like our bedroom or in with her toys. She has gotten better with this but I think she still thinks it's a game.
- tried to climb into her toy stroller, the result of which is a backward roll with a pretty rough landing. I think she might have learned her lesson with that.
- learned how to open our screen door so that she can go outside and play in her sand and water table. Lilly then proceeds to pour water all over herself, and thinks it's hysterical!